The Gertrude and Morrison Parker West Side Republican Club, named for our founders and benefactors, today is the official Republican club of the 67th and 75th Assembly Districts, covering roughly West 14th to 96th streets. Founded in 1898 as the West Side Republican Club serving the 67th AD, the club, originally located at 2307 Broadway, expanded in 2015 to include the 75th AD. It was incorporated in 1941 as the West Side Republican Club, Inc. It officially became the Morrison Parker Westside Republican Club, Inc., in 2002 to honor Morrison Parker and his efforts as a community leader and club president. Subsequently, the name was changed to the Gertrude and Morrison Parker West Side Republican Club to honor the by-then deceased matriarch and patriarch of West Side Republicans.
Born in Manhattan and a graduate of City College, CUNY, Morrison Parker was a stockbroker and Republican district leader of the 67th AD until his death at age 81. He and his wife, Gertrude, were life-long West Side residents. Gertrude Parker served New York’s Republican Party as executive secretary of the New York Republican County Committee. An outstanding community leader and active West Side club and Republican Party member, Gertrude, together with Morrison, supported our candidates and community and strived for a better quality of life for Upper West Side residents.